One of our favorite girl bosses is the one and only Emma Gaty of Emma Gaty Photography. At Velvet + Vinyl, we believe artists come in all forms, and create in different mediums. After working with Emma personally, and with the velvet + vinyl tribe, it is safe to say she is a master of her craft. We wanted to learn about some of Emma’s favorite things surrounding photography. We asked Emma about her “7 favorites” below, and included some of the work related!
Check out Emma for all you moment capturing needs, or if you are interested in collaborating. she is absolutely amazing.
- 7 favorite things: freckles, breakfast food, marble anything, Matt Corby, kicking ass at fooseball, black nails as dark as a my soul and big dogs
- Favorite lens? my baby, the canon 50mm 1.2L. the sharp focus and creamy, booked backgrounds that this lens yields has contributed significantly to my brand as a photographer and made my shooting style fit my personality.
- Favorite place to shoot? Bend, oregon because their is a variety of terrains and landscapes to shoot. Some people like consistency, but I like going places where I can shoot a plethora of themes, and capture different vibes all from one place.
- Favorite shoot you’ve had? One of my favorite shoots was this soft boudoir shoot I did with model Megan Moore. It was the first time I really broke out of my comfort zone and saw how amazing the results were. She was awesome to shoot with, and I felt so empowered doing something different.
- Favorite food to eat on the way to a shoot? I am honestly so down to get whatever I can when I am on my way. Fish fillet from burgerville is my guilty pleasure. If you haven’t tried that yet, you absolutely should.
- Favorite outfit to wear to a shoot? If its nice out, i go for shorts and a loose tee or tank top. Its so important to be comfortable and to be able to climb or lay on the ground to get that bomb angle.
- Easiest shoes to wear when you’re doing a shoot? Converse. always.
- Whats your favorite thing about collaborating with other creatives? Getting out of your comfort zone and creating something out of the norm. Every creative has a different vibe ands something new and unique to contribute. There is nothing better than sparking your creativity by sharing brains with someone on a similar creative wave length.
Emma is our girl, and we are so excited to have her here. If you are interested in getting some shoots booked, please check her out!
ALL PHOTOS BY EMMA GATY PHOTORAPHY